[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Is this motor synchronous?

From: 	Jeff W. Parisse[SMTP:jparisse-at-ddlabs-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, December 24, 1997 4:03 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Is this motor synchronous?

Gary,

What you want is a Salient Pole Synchronous motor. A motor  that not only
snycs to the line frequency but does so in such as way that a given armature
position (relative to the stator) equals a given point on the AC waveform.

One can modify a sync motor to become a salient pole sync motor by milling
flats in the armature. Details of this process can be found in Brent
Turner's
book (bturner-at-apc-dot-net) or by asking around in this forum (I've never done
it,
I purchased my Slaient Pole syncro from Brent).

Jeff W. Parisse, Art Director
Digital Design Laboratories
www.ddlabs-dot-com