[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Green glow

----------
From: 	alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 25, 1997 8:24 PM

6On Wed, 24 Dec 1997 00:41:06 +0100 (MET) Atle Jorstad
<anjorsta-at-online.no> wrote;

> About green glowing tubes, I have a Tv rectifier (PY 30). I put 35-40 kv
> over it...the thing made a green glow, and the "insulators" within the tube
> continued to glow even after the power was shut off.

the reason for the persistant green glow of the insulators is probably due
to them being made of ceramic. Many ceramics are phosphorescent, ceramic
dental crowns are notorious for doing this after exposure to long wave
Ultra Violet light at clubs for example.

                                        Sincerely

                                         \\\|///
                                       \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  -at- -at-  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                            alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                        http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/4606
                                      .ooo0   0ooo.
                                        \_)   (_/