[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Discharge terminal (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 08:51:42 +0000
From: smith-at-email.mannheim.army.mil
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Discharge terminal (fwd)

> Date:          Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:00:00 -0700 (MST)
> From:          Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Discharge terminal (fwd)

Calle,

           Hello. Either terminal will work fine for a small coil. A
copper toilet boil float works fine depending on your secondary
diameter. You can make a toroid very easily from any kinda of
flexible tubing (like, dryer hose). All you need to do is connect the
ends to form a doughnut and put some type of center in it. Then rap
this in aluminum tape. Smooth this out and you got a perfectly good
toroid. Be carefull that you don't make it to big though. I have
heard it mentioned that you should make your toroid OD 2 or 3
times larger than your secondary OD. Hope this helps...

Bryan