[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Top Toroid

At 10:25 PM 2/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com Tue Feb  4 22:07:43 1997
>Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 04:24:52 -0500 (EST)
>From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Top Toroid

big ole snip

>It is still a question in my mind, whether slow break-rate, big bang, is
>equal to fast break-rate, small bang.  There could be something going on
>with, for instance, the ion cloud that cause sparks to "grow" better with one
>scenario than with the other.  Something perhaps related to Richard Hull's
>findings, that slow break rates cause more DC electrostatic charging, (and
>maybe more spark length too)?  This whole break-rate question seems
>underexplored compared to many other TC aspects.
>

>Guess I carried on enough for today!   Comments (of all types) welcomed!
>
>John Freau

John,

Your thoughts are wise.  This is why I opt for a system which fires just
prior to the peak voltage on the sine and with a smaller tank cap.  You can
often hit the gap four times per half cycle with this scenario and all up
above the 707 point on the sine.  Thus you get maximized bang for the cap
size and maximized energy delivery per unit time.  Sort of a one two punch
and you keep the ionization alive with frequent hits spaced in tight groups
which are, themselves, separated in time.  This is an art and is best
practiced with static gaps though a good synchronous rotary which is set
properly could do it too, but be much more mechanically complex.

Richard Hull, TCBOR