[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Happy tune!

Group,

I ran my coil for a bit tonight and noticed something interesting. Max spark
is not the same as Happy tune.

I am getting consistent hot 4 footers to a grounded probe while the primary
is taped at turn 12. But the gaps fire irregularly and will eventually heat
and go to power arcing with no streamers visible. If i drop to the 11th turn
it runs smooth as silk, the gaps reach quiescence and all is well except 4
footers are rare. As consolation the show is a little better with 2 or 3
streamers instead of a single longer one..

Is this similar to expecting a smooth idle from a 4 second funny car or
should i be looking to upgrade my toroid?

  (((())))
     |  |
     |  |
GEORGE W. ENSLEY