[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Small Coil on your page...

Electroman wrote:

> At 05:08 PM 1/26/97 +0500, you wrote:
>

> >Wow! TV Cable! Gee wiz. I might try using RG 58/U (BNC Cable for
> >networking for 10BASE2). Can you get me some detailed pictures of this
> >coil? The only look of it I have is the firing view.
> >
> >Thanx..                                            -Jeremy Bair
> >

> I don't have any detailed pictures of it, and since it is located about 1000
> miles from where I am, I don't know when I'll be taking any.....
>
> Danny

(I'm finally listening to all of you coilers, thanks guys for answeringf
all my questions, you guys are great!)

Ok Danny, since you have built a few... Can you help me?

I purchased one 12,000V 30ma Neon Transformer (20$, is that good?), and
I'm ready to build! Can you give me any notes on some specs to build
with? Also, if need be, I can purchase more, I like this price!!

What would be the best home brew capacitor? I have seen the salt water
ones, are those any good?

And for the coils, I gues 1/4 inch copper tubing is what most people use
for the primary, so how many turns do I need with that? And is the
strike rail just more copper tubing? And is it connected to ground below
the device? If you can, help illistrate this.

Also, I need to know what gauge copper wire I will be using for the
secondary, I see people use from 22 to 28 (22,24,26,28), so what type
would be best for me, and what diameter PVC pipe do I need how tall, how
many turns for the secondary and the primary?

Thanks! I need your imput! I will CC a copy of this to the tesla mailing
list (Thanks again Chip!!)

Anyone build any using these measurements, and have turned it to the
finest can give me their plans! Thanks again! Also, give me the length
of streamers recieved.

PS: A guy said he would give me all the transformers I want if I built
this, AND get it to work in front of him!

Jeremy Bair.