[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fan for spark gap

I just build a "Richard Quick" style spark gap in a piece of 6" PVC.  I
found a fan in the Hosfelt catalog that has exactly the right diameter
to mount directly to the PVC.  Specifically, fan #26-455 is 6 3/4"
diameter (235 CFM), and I was
able to drill and tap the edge of the PVC to match the 3 mounting holes
in the fan.  I then mounted the fan with 8-32 nylon screws into the
PVC.  I also wrapped a layer of electrical tape around the joint for a
better air seal.

This may be of interest because it saves the cost of a 6" PVC cap (which
sells
for $40 here)!

Out of curiousity, what have folks on this list paid for 6" PVC caps?
Was I
being ripped off?

	Steve Falco