[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Grounding ?'s

Hi all,
	I am just about done with my first attempt at a coil and I had a
couple questions.
	I am wanting to have it done for the science fair that I am
having for my students this thursday.  My first problem is that the fair
is in the gym.  I do not think I have the time ro run a good RF ground to
a stake outside.  Thus my question, I know it has ben said over and over
not to use the ground on the outlet but is there any other way to run
one in a gym.  My transformer is really small -6kv -at- 30ma- and the
circuit in the school gym is pretty substantial any ideas?
	The other question is I am just about to finish the spark gap ala
R. Quick.  and was wondering if an industrial wet/dry vac motor would
work better or worse than a muffin fan motor?  I have both and thought
that maybe the vacuum motor would increase the quench rate?
	One last thing, I know there have been meny postings on how to
build chokes and I was wondering if the I really should have them for
such a small transformer and if so the building directions one more
time.
	I really really apreciate any help offered, and thanks for all
the help already given in the list.

Adios
Ronnie Pittman