[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First big magnifier run

<<
 We're running a 20,200 volt transformer, which is very loud on the rotary
 gap.  I had several neighbors standing in their yards watching the show.  I
 wish I had a large building to run this coil in, but unfortunately my yard
 will have to do. I think I'm moving it all to the back patio for my next
 test run to reduce the neighborhood interest.  I figured on my first run if
 I even got it to break out of the toroid, I'd be doing good. I didn't expect
 90 inch sparks and didn't want to generate quite so much neighborhood
interest.

 Bert Pool >>

Bert,

Congratulations, sounds like fun to me.  At least with the neighbors standing
out in their yards, they are not trying to watch their TVs or worse yet,
talking on their cordless phones.  My large coil only causes only a small
amount of RFI on the TV but wipes out my cordless phone.

Ed Sonderman