[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Explanation of the positive E.S. charge

2/1/96

RH wrote:

snip

>In a trashcan, charge is still charge and the differing dielectrics
>(air/HDPE/air) is all thats needed to transport the charge out of the
>system, ala Greg Leyh and the plastic booth!  Electrostatic coupling
>across differing dielectrics. A potential wave is a potential wave
>whether it is enhanced by ionic conduction or not.
>
>Richard Hull, TCBOR

Very true words.  I totally agree about electrostatic coupling across
differing dielectrics, including space.  The hypothesis of heavy
positive ions positing positive charges on a receiver is not the only
possible mechanism in this system.

The experiments I suggest are simply to rule in or out the hypothesis
that fleeing positive heavy ions are the source of the positive
electrostatic charge on the receiver.  The solid plastic, metal, or
vacuum under glass barriers, as well as, wire grid and EM deflection
are designed to detect the absences or presences of heavy positive ions
or other charged partical carriers.

Also, one must consider that EM polarity totally reverses itself every
1/2 wave length of the coil's resonant frequency.  The electric field
from the EM wave at the termination of the coil must also totally
reverse itself every 1/2 wave length of the coils resonant frequency.
This strongly mitigates against the proposed hypothesis of charging by
heavy postitive ions.

Note I have only addressed the EM (transverse wave) aspects of the
coil's transmission.  Since it is becoming increasingly clear that the
TC behaves as an electrical hybrid, addressing electrostatic or
longitudnally transmitted waves is necessary.  This is why your above
paragraph is so important.  Inquiry should be how the TC itself
produces an electrostatic charge of one polarity or the other, rather
than how the charge is transmitted to the receiver.

It is always so tempting to explain an electrostatic phenomenon in
terms of an EM model.

RWW