[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ed's Pig answer

> Tesla List wrote:

>  I operate coils from 2 KW to 13 KW from
> two paralleled Lincoln AC-225-S arc welders and 5 to 15 KVA pole
> trensformers with no problem. The welders are very smooth( no bucking
or
> thumping) and the current can be adjusted in very small increments. If
> you want to be able to have infinitely adjustable current control,
look
> for welders which have a variable shunt rather than a switch on the
> front panel.
> That 19.9 KV pole is a great Tesla power supply. Nice find!
>
> Happy and safe high power coiling,
>
> Ed Wingate

Ed,

Do the people that use resistive ballast have the bumping and thumping
because their welder is not the infinetly variable type?

What are the ratings of the welders that you have? I would like to
compare.
I have a 250A Century and am picking up a 300 A Lincoln this coming
Sunday. Both are the infinatly variable type.

  [Part 2, Text/HTML  38 lines]
  [Unable to print this part]