[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

found a tube

I made a quick stop at the scrap yard today before picking my boys up a
school after work. I found an electrical cabnet with a FG-105 tube in
it.  The tube was in a ceramic socket.  Also found another high voltage
recitifier tube and socket.  The cabnet had some transformers probably
the heater and high voltage transformers.  Didn't have enough time to do
anything except unplug the tube and leave. Will return tomorrow for the
tube sockets and transformers.

Does anyone know anything about an FG-105 tube?  Has anyone used one on
a Tesla Coil?  There has been something wrong with Earthlink my Internet
service for about 2 days.  I can't get TUBE SEARCH to come up.

Last week I found 42 SCR's at the scrap yard.  Is there a place on the
WEB like Tube Search where I can find data on SCR's?  The SCR's have the
letters AEG in large bold print, probably the manufacture.  The SCR
number is T 198 N  600 TOC 23V6.  Does anyone have any data on this
number?  From what little information I can find I think the SCR's are
rated 600 volts 200 amps or maybe 300 amps.  I found some SCR pictures
in a data book that look exactly like the SCR's I found but the numbers
are different.  What can these SCR's be used for?  Any ideas?

Gary Weaver