[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rolled Caps

Hi All,

Um, I think R.Quick posted a message a long time ago about
calculating/designing rolled capacitors.

I was just curious to know if anyone has got the formula for calculating
the capacitance for a rolled cap?

I'm looking at building a couple, but need to design for around 0.09uF,
so far the doc's I've read from the funet.fi site are designs for smaller
valued types (around .02uF), so I thought if there's a formula out there, it
would be a fantastic guide to design and construction.

I'm also needing the voltage rating to be around 40-50KVDC as the
pig-pole I'm using is 12700V -at- 0.787A (10KVA), and the calculated
capacitance required for my coil is 0.187uF. Which makes this transformer
fairly ideal...

Thanks Guys!

Catchya's Later!

Rod 'Down Under