[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Explanation of the positive E.S. charge

At 09:25 PM 2/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com Mon Feb  3 21:18:47 1997
>Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:53:45 GMT
>From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Explanation of the positive E.S. charge
>

>>Subscriber: jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com Sun Feb  2 17:58:10 1997
>>Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 21:42:20 GMT
>>From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
>>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>>Subject: Re: Explanation of the positive E.S. charge
>>
>I said after lunch today:
>>All,
>>	While debugging my ground system today I discovered a
>>surprise.
>>
>>> I remove the #6 cable and replaced it with 14' of #4 welding cable.
>>>The NE2 would light only about 1/2 of one electrode. I had to get close
>>>to the neon lamp to see this. Surprise only 1 electrode was glowing!
>>
>	I am sorry to report that in the dark tonight that this was a
>false alarm.  At night, I can see that no matter what configuration I
>use, both electrodes are glowing.
>
>	I posted to soon
>
>	I should have double checked my work.
>
>	jim
>
>Jim,

Not to worry.  Mistakes turn on us and the wise use them as learning
experiences.  It is really tough for any neon lamp about a TC to glow with
only one electrode ( DC) due to the huge RF fields about the system.  These
are pure AC (two electrodes glowing).  Keep up the efforts in experiment and
we all value honest admission of mistakes.  I, who recant often, know that
"good experiment" is very difficult to make.  Mistakes are common and admit
to the humanity involved.

Richard Hull, TCBOR