[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Stand off insulators

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> To: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Stand off insulators
> Date: Wednesday, February 12, 1997 1:25 AM
>
> Subscriber: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com Tue Feb 11 23:15:46 1997
> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:46:49 -0500 (EST)
> From: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Stand off insulators

> << insulator could be copied as
>  well, but I suspect that that may be a patent violation.  Are there any
> specific
>  types of porcelain and glaze that are better suited for or made
specifically
> for
>  this application?  Fancy colors? :)
>
>  Mark Napier
>   >>
> Just basic white or off white and Im sure an insulator off an old enough
> capacitor, like company out of business wouldnt be a patent violation.
You
> could just make a minor change to get around that. The rib and groove
type in
> a taper shape would be nice with the bases about 2"   one 3"    and one
type
>  4"    would probably cover most needs.    Stephen Sanders

All,
The life of a patent is limited. To avoid any patent violation, simply copy
a design that is
older than the life of the patent. If it is more than 17 years old, it is
no longer
a patent infringement to copy it.

Fr. Tom McGahee