[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

At 10:25 PM 1/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net Thu Jan  9 22:11:34 1997
>Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 02:18:00 -0500 (EST)
>From: Paul Anderson <paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: torque conv./ inner tubes
>
>On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:
>

>> I think that Richard said you should fill it with something like foam
>> insulation, also might want to try aluminum powder rather than graphite.
>> Aluminum powder is commonly used for prepareing baby shoes for bronzing,
ect..

>I thought I might take the time to mention that aluminum powder is, in
>fact, explosive.  Often used in fireworks for white colored light, I
>beleive.  Any pyrotechnician can conferm this.  TTYL!

The Aluminum powder is not a oxidizer but needs one to blow. I would think
any type of metal powder 400 mesh or so would work ok. I have some zinc 400
mesh, and some bronze powder the same. Would any of those be any better?

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page IS UP all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev/tesla
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell
Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev