[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: trigger

Barry:

  Thanks for putting your "off-topic" post up on the
Tesla coil list.  This capacitor discharge topic is one
I've been wanting to work on for a long time. I appreciate
your safety notes and circuit suggestions!

What exactly did you mean by the following?

> Your load should not exceed the current rating of the capacitors.

What *is* the current rating of a capacitor??

  I have available a set of eight caps from a high voltage
pulse forming network, that I've been dying (no pun intended!!)
to put into this application. They are each rated at 248 uF/5 kV.
That's a LOT of energy...

Dave