[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wife

At 11:05 PM 1/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> > Subject: wife
>
>Subscriber: dburman-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com Thu Jan 30 22:56:22 1997
>Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:57:29 -0700
>From: Dave Burman <dburman-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: wife
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>>
>> > Subject: wife
>> >

>> > Are there any women that have a tesla coil or build tesla coils or are men
>> > the only ones that like tesla coils?
>> >
>> > Gary Weaver
>>
>> Gary,
>>
>> It seems to be  "guy" thing! Maybe one of the women will write a book,
>> "Tesla Coil Builders, and the Women Who Love Them"..?
>>
>> -- Bert --
>
>Maybe women are too smart for a hobby like this.
>
>Dave
>
>Dave,

This begs the questions does "smart" mean intelligent, wise, practical or
discerning.  The difference might lie more in the manner in which women are
"brought up" and the way the world views them as they mature.  Also they are
a completely different animal due to internal chemistry.

 Men tend to be a bit more curious about more ecclectic things which will
have no immediate benefit and might actually put them at financial or
physical risk.  Men are more mechanical.  Women are probably actually more
intellectual in the theoretical and conceptual end of things.  Women are a
bit "smarter" in that they tend to look at the "moment to moment"
practicality of their acts and works.   Men seem to be amused and incredibly
fascinated by the most outlandish and abstract of things.  This is why
marriages either work very well (symbiotic relationship with dual party
adaptability) or fail miserably (diametrically different thought patterns
with inflexible personalities).

I don't desire or miss women in this area of science.  But, in general, if
they are involved and are super dedicated as are many of we men,  They
certainly appear to others to be an "odd fish" in a societal sort of way.
This is not good but just the way it is.

Richard Hull, TCBOR