[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toroid and Conducting Clay?

I have made a Toroid out of four air vent elbow joints.
This is the hard sheet metal type, not the flexible stuff.
However, it has some sharp edges. When I crank up my coil
it sprays purple flames and corona everywhere (not long nice arcs).

My question is this: Besides solder, does anyone know of a way to
fill in and smooth the edges of something like this? A conducting
clay that hardens? Anything?

I know, I know. Everyone is going to tell me how to build a toroid
now! Well, I'm sticking with this one no matter what. At this point
I'm just looking for materials I might use to smooth it up. And, I
can think of allot of other uses for a conducting clay that hardens.
There must be something out there!

[ There is aluminum tape available at hardware stores in the ductwork
  section.  You could also try covering up the points with some silicone
  sealant (RTV) -- Chip ]