[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ITS ALIVE! ITS ALIVE!

I'm so proud of my new coil even though I did not get much of a
discharge from the metal sphere I'm using as a discharge terminal! The
wire leading up to the terminal had a large purple brush discharge
around it maybe three inches in diameter on the tenth turn of the
primary. After changing to the eleventh turn I got one single bright
spark at the top of the sphere. I still have not turned the variac all
the way up to line voltage because this is the first time applying
voltage to the tank capacitor. Maybe tommorow weather permitting I can
try to tune it up. Now I can stop putting off building that second cap
so I'll be able to tap in at fewer turns, and fully load my power
supply. Can't wait to get my hands on some larger and higher voltage
transformers. I only have 450watts max right now but I hope to move on
to bigger and better things!