[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION and why we may be out of this hobby!

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Well, I contacted a friend at a TV station and he advised me that the FCC
> says (NEW LAW) that tesla coils,plasma balls, and similar devices fall under
> this new law and if you are caught operating them could face serious fines.
> Information unlimited also says that plasma balls will no longer be sold due
> to this law, what is going on here????????????????????????????????????

As far as I know, the only law you might be infringing upon is regarding
interferring with TV and radio broadcasts, but that's easily enough
prevented with sufficient grounding.  Luckily for me the FCC has no
control in Canada:)  Just make sure you're not interfering with neighbours
TV and radio.  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.
Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html