[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toroids

I've learned: Never say never......
I am still trying to find "Metal to Metal" bondo type stuff to check
out it's conductivity. I'll get some Monday and report back. If it
works I can use it to smooth the edges of my first toroid (4 sheet
metal air-vent elbows).
Right now I'm building a Poolian toroid (Bert Pool style).
I went to the hardware store and bought 10 feet of plastic coragated
sewer pipe for only $2. It is very cheap! I cut about a 4 and half
foot section. I had to sew the end together with waxed string because
duct tape (the handy mans secret weopon) isn't strong enough by
itself (it wants to flaten out). I then duct taped the whole thing
to cover the corragations and then finally rolled it with aluminum
tape. It made a nice looking toroid. I cut a piece of styrofoam to go
in the middle so I could mount it on my coil. I have yet to crank it
up but I'm sure it will do fine. There are no sharp edges at all.
I don't know if this is a common way to build them or not, I haven't
been on the list that long. I just thought it might give someone else
some ideas. Good luck!