[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: new TC

[snip]
>The arcs are much much louder than before.  It is so loud it hirts
>my ears.   Sounds like a 2 cycle gas engine running wide open with no
>muffler.
>
>Gary Weaver

Get some of those headphone-style hearing protectors.  I recently bought
some after getting a pounding headache  and noticing my ears ringing after
a long coil run (not good!).   Sparkgaps can produce some very high peak
SPLs at very high frequencies which are guaranteed to damage hearing
eventually.  With the protectors my coiling has become _much_ more
enjoyable.  It also makes it easier to concentrate on what I'm doing
without so much noise.

Charles Brush
http://www.foundrygroup-dot-com/cbrush