[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid Size?

- snip -
<<
 An interesting bit of information is that I had wrapped the bottom
 half of the secondary with about 24 layers of 10 mil sheet poly
 before this run in order to stop pri-secondary arcing near the
 secondary bottom to enable me to increase K to 0.22.  There were NO
 strikes to the secondary under this poly.  This would indicate that a
 good layer of poly over the ENTIRE secondary might well be of help
 when one is trying to push the outside of the envelope as I was.

- snip -

My entire 6.0" dia secondary is wrapped in about three rolls of Glad Wrap
(poly).  I ended up doing this when I was having problems with the secondary
breaking out when pushing power levels up to 7 kva.  It doesn't look nearly
as good as it used to, but is more functional.

Ed Sonderman