[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

[Let's wrap up the pyro.  This thread is starting to get off on another
 interesting subject that is not tesla coiling.  -- Chip ]

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: knardell-at-mailhost.accesscom-dot-net Fri Jan 10 22:41:34 1997
> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 00:08:42 -0600
> From: Kevin <knardell-at-mailhost.accesscom-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: torque conv./ inner tubes
>
> At 10:25 PM 1/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Subscriber: paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net Thu Jan  9 22:11:34 1997
> >Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 02:18:00 -0500 (EST)
> >From: Paul Anderson <paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net>
> >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >Subject: Re: torque conv./ inner tubes
> >
> >On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:

You are correct about aluminum powder.  It is a flammable solid.  It is
extremely explosive and very very sensitive to friction, static electricity,
heat, shock, when mixed with any oxidizer in the correct amounts.  Germany
used aluminum power during WWII to make handgrenades.  This stuff makes great
M-80's I have made several.  Aluminum power by its self is very safe.  Be
sure to keep all metal powders listed with DOT as a flammable solid away from
all oxidizers especially Potassium Chlorate and never add sulfur or
phosphorus if you want to live.  If you get your hands on any aluminum powder
don't even experement with it by mixing it with other chemicals unless you
have a formula that you know is correct and works.  You can never be too
safe.  4 oz. of flash powder has the explosive power of 1 stick of dynamite
and contains only 1/2 ounce of aluminum powder thats about the same amount of
aluminum powder in a toy Etch-O-Sketch.  A little bit of knowledge can be
dangerous.  BE SAFE.