[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Who IS this New Guy?

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com Fri Jan 17 22:54:24 1997
> Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 18:50:03 -0500
> From: Thomas McGahee <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Who IS this New Guy?
>
>     [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
>     [Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set]
>     [Some characters may be displayed incorrectly]
>
> Just got a <welcome to the club> e-mail from Bert Hickman (Thanks, Bert!),
> and he wanted to know more about me. I thought that it might be helpful if
> I told ALL the Tesla List members something about myself, as that is the
> quickest way for you and I to begin to interact and share our interests and
> knowledge and expertise.
>
> My name is Fr. Thomas McGahee. I am a Catholic Priest, 50 years old, and
> have been teaching Electronics for about 30 years. The last 20 years I have
> been teaching Electronics here in Paterson, New Jersey. I teach Sophomores,
> Juniors and Seniors courses in Electronics that take them all the way from
> Ohm's Law to Microprocessors.

 SNIP

> If all else fails, try something else!
> Fr. Thomas McGahee

Hello Thomas:
	Welcome to the group, looks like you are another one interested in
making sparks!  Chip's list has really been extremely helpful for me and
I've had alot of fun and been able to end up with some sparks too.
Sounds like you have made quite a number of coils over the years.
	I enjoyed reading your note when you mentioned winding your own
tranformer--I've wound a number but always low voltage.  I'd go to the
junk yard (yea, I was too slow to hit the dumpster, had to go to the
dump) and get old TV's and pull the transformers, determine the turns
ration based on the 5 volt filament winding for the trusty 5U4GB they
all seemed to have and away I'd go.  I guess we have a couple of things
in common!  Glad to see you in the group.

Chuck Curran
Cedarburg, WI