[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil book

At 01:25 PM 1/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com Sun Jan 26 13:18:50 1997
>Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 01:39:10 -0500 (EST)
>From: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>To: Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Tube coil book
>
>I recieved the book I ordered on tube coils written by corum. It has a lot of
>schematics with components drawn and no values on them. To build a coil you
>could just start trying values of components and burning them up until you
>hit the correct combo. There is a lot of math but it is not a guide to
>building a coil by any means. Nothing about turns, voltages etc. If I thought
>it would help I would just start cursing until morning, and 55.00 for it too.
>Is it too much to ask for a plain schematic, WITH the values of the
>components, # of turns and some measurements, then at the end maybe if it
>cant be gotten around, that there is some unwritten law that it must include
>the equations for the meaning of the universe, they could be stuck in the
>back somewhere, and the voltage of the power supply could be printed by the
>symbol for the power supply. I am going to build a tube coil,OH YES, I am
>going to build a tube coil. Then with my PC Draw I will make a schematic,
>probably several and include it in a little BOOK on how to build a tube coil
>without having to summon albert E. back to help.   Stephen .

Hurray for you Stephen!!!

The only good published circuit diagrams I have seen have been in past
issues of TCBA news.  There still remains no simple guide or manual to
quick, hassle free, Tube coil construction, but I hear that John Freau is
thinkin' about crankin' one out.  No better living being is more qualified
to write such a book and I warrant you'll not stumble over nested
equations... just good solid diagrams with component values from circuits
which John has personally built and tested!!!  Sorry about the frustration.

You must realize that a lot of the parts are going to be tough to acquire
unless you are a real hamfest "crawler".  Most tube relate transformers and
parts are just not manufactured any more.  We have a couple of diagrams and
action shots of a couple of our tube coils on some of our past video reports.

Richard Hull, TCBOR