[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Newbe Info on Magnifiers

All,

               I am going to attempt to construct a small magnifier
system, but I had a some questions about design and construction.
 I have read that the driver secondary has fewer turns than the
primary. Is this true? As far as I can gather, the tertiary coil is
situated above the driver and is fed by one lead from the secondary
while the other goes to ground. I have read posts about using
copper tubing for the primary but what about the secondary?  I am also
assuming that the same enameled wire common to the secondary of most
two coil sytems is used for the tertiary coil. Is this true? I also
read that maggies work best off high break rates. I imagine its
all a matter of tuning but generally spaeaking  Are these rates
significantly higher than those of a two coil system? Is the rest of
the tank curcuit pretty much the same? Lastly (whew, beginers come
up with all kinds of questions huh:-), when they say tap the primary,
what are they tapping to?  I have seen a million diagrams, all having
slightly different designs. Can anyone help me on this? I've learned
a ton in the short time I have been on the list but still have a long
way to go...

Thanks,
Bryan