[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: alfred.skrocki-at-juno-dot-com Sat Dec 21 22:21:42 1996
> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 14:00:12 EST
> From: Alfred A Skrocki <alfred.skrocki-at-juno-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)
>
> On Sun, 8 Dec 1996 23:25:13 -0700 Tesla List - Richard Wayne Wall
> <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com> writes:
>
> >...Recent experiments confirm a major role for electrostatic
> >electricity in a resonating classical TC secondary. This does
> >not negate the necessity of EM coupling of a classic primary and
> >TC secondary. Energy is electromagnetically coupled by induction
> >between them.  Thus classic TCs are not true electrostatic
> >machines such as Van De Graf or Wimshurst machines, but are
> >electrical hybrids.
>
>    Richard, your observation closely parallels my own work! About
> 20 years ago I started working on a "Universal theory of
> electrostatic magnification" The general principle is that ALL
> electrostatic magnifiers; electro-phoresis, Wimshurst machines,
> varley machines, the Van De Graph generator and even the Tesla
> Coil work fundimentaly the same! Namely through a variance in
> capacitance. Everyone with any exposure to electronics is familiar
> with the relationship of P = 1/2 C V^2 . If you take a
> electro-phoresis you start out with the two metal plates in close
> proximity and after charging you pull the plates apart before
> dischargeing and in so doing you have DECREASED the capacitance
> between the plates and since the amount of energy stored is still
> the same, the voltage must go up! The same effect exists in every
> electrostatic machine ever devised! In the Tesla coil you have a
> large capacitor in the primary and a smaller (distributed)
> capacitance in the secondary but since the amount of energy in the
> primary and secondary are the same the voltage goes up because of
> the difference in capacitance! I have found that the measured
> output of sharply tuned resonating Tesla Coils measured with an
> electrostatic volt meter correlates very closely to the ratio
> of primary to secondary capacitance! Given by:
>
>  [Primary Capacitance * (Primary Voltage^2)] =
>
>  [Secondary Capacitance * (Secondary Voltage^2)]
>
>                                       Sincerely
>                                   Alfred A. Skrocki
>                                alfred.skrocki-at-juno-dot-com

Alfred,

Thanks for the info. I have printed it off and will consider what you say
very carefully,  I have noted that the dielectric and varing capacitance
are key to the ES wave transmission issue.  Your spin is interesting and
must be checked out.  The Tesla coil is a great item due to the dv/dt
issue as well associated with the production of electrostatics.  you are
positing a d(charge)/dt via capacitance change.  This still keeps things
all scalar with no vectors.

 All note*  The use of the term scalar here refers to the scientific
units of potential and charge which are none directional (even in
maxwells work).  Scalar does not refer to the seemingly endless word
salads on the other list.  If we deal with only scalar quantities,
maxwells work can be circumvented and electrostatic discussions are
locked within that field only.

The Tesla coil seems to indicate an interesting, not normally considered
source for ES energy.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard Hull, TCBOR