[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Glowing Garage Doors

>....the garage door was glowing...  it was a metal door...

	I speculate:
	Metal, or metal over a wood or fiberglass, or foam  core?
	Any of the later three might pick up and hold a charge (as in an
	electret) and leak it off over a noticeable amount of time.  If the
	charge is large enough to be at a 'high' voltage, 'long' term, visible,
	corona might result.

> ...speed of propagation of charge....

	Welllllllllll

	If its physical movement of ions, its drift velocity.  Thats one thing.

	If its 'charge by ~induction~ (ie a 'field' effect) then its another,
	i should think.  The latter i suspect is 'speed of light(ish)'.

	(NB:
	I'm using 'induction' in an a electrostatic sense, _not_ an
	electromagnetic sense.  And allow me the use of 'field', 'coz its the
	only word i know for what i'm trying to say....)

	[guess how behinde i am....8)>>]

	regards
	dwp