[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Unzip Z Files

I am not familiar with Z files either.  Try this and see if it works.  I
checked my download directory and found that it had 49 downloads in it that I
had forgetton about. I don't remember what they are or where they came from.
I unzipped them one by one to RAM DRIVE to check them out.  I noticed one
file had the extension .zi and at first thought I figured it was a typing
error.  I renamed the file .zip and upzipped it without any trouble.  Then I
noticed a file with the extention.z and I renamed it also and it unzipped
fine also.  I had another file with a strange extention I think it was
something like this ._z or .z_ don't remember.  I renamed it also and it
unzipped fine also.  Sometimes I get files that won't unzip when they are
renamed and I figure they are bad files so I delete them. I used winzip with
arj and lha in the setup for winzip.  I don't know if this is the same type
of Z file you are talking about of not.  Give it a try and see if it works.

Gary Weaver