[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toroid

Can anyone tell me where to get a good factory made toroid or how to make a
good one.  I have several but they all are made with 4" flexable dryer hose
and aluminum foil, stove pipe elbows, basket ball with aluminum foil.  The
sharp edges cause arcing before the toroid can reach a full charge.  I know
the toroid on the Tesla Coil works like the sphere on a Van DeGraff.  If I
can stop the premature arcs the arcs will be longer and more powerful.
Information Unlimited has a 3" by 12" for $100. which seem small to me.  I
could make one on the lathe from a piece of solid aluminum but it would weigh
400 lbs.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Gary Weaver