[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ion motor? (fwd)

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

> Subscriber: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com Tue Dec 31 22:45:01 1996
> Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 14:14:18 -0500
> From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Ion motor? (fwd)

I set this on the toroid and
> powered up the coil.  It started spinning slowly at first then really
started
> gaining speed.  I shut the coil down to move it closer to the center of
the
> toroid - I was afraid it would fly offf and land down on the primary and
> short it out.  Then I refired the coil now it won't spin.  I relocated it
> back where it originally was on the toroid and it still won't spin.
Maybe
> one or two turns then stops.

Ed,
	By moving the spinner close to the cener on the torroid you may
be inadvertantly "screening"  if from the needed high electric fields. If
you
want it to function in the center, I'd suggest that you  MOVE it up a
couple
of feet from the top of the torroid to get it back into a higher electric
field.

-Ed Harris