[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Microwave Xformer

Hello John:

> Here are some spark lengths that can be expected from various tubes:  Two
>  graphite plate 811A's give an 11" spark, one 833A gives a 16" spark, two
>  833As give a 22" spark, one 4-250A gives a 12" spark, one 4-125A gives a
7"
>  spark,   one 3-500 Z gives about a 16" spark.

The only tubz I ever got to produce a spark was a pair of 811A's which
produced a 3in brush (max) with the plaes over heating like crazy....What are
the speks of the system that one needs to use to get 11" out of them?.....  I
also have currently, a 4-500z... which I have yet to get to produce
*anything* in the way of a spark (although it lights a neon tube up just fine
from a food away).  Perhaps its my secondary and/or primary design... about
1000 turns of #30 on a 2in form (tall candlestick type) and a primary diam of
4" with 26 turns of #12 insulated house electrical wire (there are two of
these primary's, one is the real one and one is the "grid tickler" )  any
suggestions?

Thanks
-DavidF-