[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: output

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com Tue Jan 21 22:54:21 1997
> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 17:50:25 GMT
> From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: output
>
> >Subscriber: major-at-vicksburg-dot-com Mon Jan 20 22:17:03 1997
> >Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 01:50:39 -0600
> >From: RODERICK MAXWELL <major-at-vicksburg-dot-com>
> >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >Subject: Re: output
> >
> [snip]
> >
> >  Thank you for the info, but I think I'll try a Richard Quick style gap
> >first I already have the parts on hand and I'd have to buy the vaccuum
> >cleaner! But I'll keep it in mind.
> >

> >                               Frankensteins Helper
> >                                       Max
> >
> Max,
>         Contact:
>
>         American Science & Surplus
>         847-982-0870    order phone
>         800-934-0722    fax
>         www.sciplus-dot-com
>
>         Item: 25959
>         Mean Vacuum Machine
> `       $12.50
>
>         "It's big, with a 5 3/4" by 2 3/4" blade housing and a 3 3/8"
> by 3 1/2" motor. It's hungry, operation at 120 VAC and 8 amp. And it's
> fast, spinning at over 12,000 rpm. Air rushes in through its 1 3/4"
> inlet and is vented through (41) 3/8" slots in the blade housing. A 2
> 3/8" fan on one end keeps the motor cool.  And look at the price!
> Could it really be this cheep?"
>
>         I believe that several people on this list are using this
> blower (sic) for quenching/cooling their static gaps.
>
>         jim

   You guys are not going to believe this, and I'm sort of ashamed to
tell you after you have been so helpful and everything, but I
disassembled the gap that I've been using and lo and behold it was
oxidized. So to make a long story short I cleaned up the gap and every
things back to normal! Sorry for sending everyone on a wild goose chase.
I guess this is a typical rookie mistake!