[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magic K values

Hi Bert H. and All

In December Bert was kind enough to post a list of magic K values and
their derivation.

I have a question. These values are derived from parameters which are
measured when the TC is not energized. We all know that for various
reasons the resonant frequency of the secondary goes down while
energized due to the fact of the ion cloud and possible other factors.
With this in mind how can the K values be accurate? Furthermore, it
seems to me that
different toroidal loads on different secondaries would give different
amounts of terminal capacitance so that one could not extrapolate values
obtained from ststic measurements. If the numbers don't hold for
different configurations, what good are they? I would appreciate any
comments that the members might contribute.

Skip