[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

I think that Richard said you should fill it with something like foam
insulation, also might want to try aluminum powder rather than graphite.
Aluminum powder is commonly used for prepareing baby shoes for bronzing, ect..

you can get easily WITHOUT having to sign for it if you go to someone that
does the baby shoes, hint.

At 11:25 PM 1/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com Tue Jan  7 22:30:48 1997
>Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:33:48 -0500
>From: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

><<
> 	I used this idea last year in constructing the small toroid that I
> have.  I used a 15"(?, not sure) wheelbarrow tire and stuffed it with
> newspaper for rigidity.  I then covered it in Al tape, then smoothed.  It
> works fairly well, but I have since moved on to a Duct toroid, as this one
> wasn't large enough for my six inch coil.  I plan to wind a 4" sometime
> soon, and then the wheelbarrow tire will again see service.
>
> Stan Harle
> Alamogordo, NM
>  >>
>I want to rub down a tire of this size with graphite and somehow keep it
>under a solution of CuSO4 and plate it with copper to a thick coating. I just
>dont know how to keep it covered with solution with air in it and it has to
>have the air to maintain shape. Any ideas?  Stephen

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

Quality Control Accepted #28

What's the difference between a puppy and Woody Jenkins?

	A puppy quits whining after three days.