[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

At 11:25 PM 1/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com Tue Jan  7 22:30:48 1997
>Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:33:48 -0500
>From: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

><<
> 	I used this idea last year in constructing the small toroid that I
> have.  I used a 15"(?, not sure) wheelbarrow tire and stuffed it with
> newspaper for rigidity.  I then covered it in Al tape, then smoothed.  It
> works fairly well, but I have since moved on to a Duct toroid, as this one
> wasn't large enough for my six inch coil.  I plan to wind a 4" sometime
> soon, and then the wheelbarrow tire will again see service.
>
> Stan Harle
> Alamogordo, NM
>  >>
>I want to rub down a tire of this size with graphite and somehow keep it
>under a solution of CuSO4 and plate it with copper to a thick coating. I just
>dont know how to keep it covered with solution with air in it and it has to
>have the air to maintain shape. Any ideas?  Stephen

Suck all the air out of it, put it in the bath, and fill it with water/salt
solution adjusted to roughly the same density.

Might have to install another valve at 180 degrees to pump the water out again
and/or drill a small hole to drain out the last of the salt solution...

I can't see why it wouldn't work...

(anything is easy to the person who doesn't have to do it !)

Daryl