[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: vacuum pump

From: 	gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, July 12, 1997 1:48 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: vacuum pump

I use a compressor from an old Air Conditioner unit for a vacuum pump.  I
bought a $10.00 vacuum guage from the local AC shop that reads -30 psi
vacuum.  The guage is good because it tells you if your pump is working and
if you have any vacuum leaks.  I pump my caps down to -30 then close the
brass valve between the compressor and the cap and open another brass valve
to the HV oil and back fill the cap with oil.  It takes about 15 minutes to
connect the lines, pump the vacuum, back fill a cap with oil and its
finished.  The cap is ready to use with no breaking in period required.  I
connect all my caps to full power minutes after I make them.  If the caps
are going to self distruct I want them to do it now not later.

Gary Weaver