[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: plywood capacitor box

From: 	Stephen G Stanton[SMTP:ulflyer-at-juno-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, July 12, 1997 12:00 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: plywood capacitor box

You have already gotten two responses to your question, but I'll put in
my two cents' worth as well.

One suggestion was polyester resin.  My preference would be epoxy resin:
it doesn't shrink when it cures, and it's a superior adhesive in my book.
 I just got through doing the deck of a speedboat with epoxy and the
glass cloth, and it's terrific.  I once built a battery box using resin
and the cloth to line the inside, and it worked great.  The stuff is
impervious to most anything (gasoline for one), so oil should cause it no
difficulty whatsoever.

I know that TAP plastics got capped in earlier posts because they're
pricey.  True enough, but the epoxy I bought from them was outstanding,
plus they got knowledgeable people to give you a hand.

Good luck

Stephen KJ6LH