[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: to Bert Hickman

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, July 26, 1997 4:04 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: to Bert Hickman

To Bert, et al:

We use a 40 mH inductor with a 0.8 Oh.mn 10 kw series resistor with most
our pole pig units.  The small resistance really helps during those sharp
peak saturation points and makes the coil run very smooth overall.  We use
a 12 ft. long piece of monel resistance element coiled up into a compact 9
in. long x 2 in. dia. size.  Our 40 mH inductors we manufacture using 130
turns #10 AWG on special laser cut C-core units.  Size is 10" x 6" x 6"
overall.  Runs fine at up to 20 kva then we use #6 wire and a much larger
core cross section.

Hope this information is of assistance.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net