[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap Evaluation

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Wednesday, July 30, 1997 3:17 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Spark Gap Evaluation

Hi Richard,

Yes. I never noted risetime at the time but it's pretty fast. I will
do this again when I get into the lab and measure it. I am planning
to take photos of scope waveforms of running primaries, coils etc.

> Has any one measured the spectral content of a firing TC spark gap?

It's pretty clean, even with normal gap + pri Q's but I haven't
measured it using spectral analysis.

Malcolm