[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Skin Effect

From: 	Robert Davis[SMTP:RE.Davis-at-btinternet-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, July 31, 1997 3:54 PM
To: 	'Tesla List'
Subject: 	RE: Skin Effect

From: 	John H. Couture[SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, July 31, 1997 3:25 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Skin Effect

At 11:53 PM 7/29/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

  Rob -

  You are talking about effective resistance which includes all of the
effects you mentioned. The effective resistance Reff is found by

        Reff = Xl/Q

  The Xl is easily found and you can find the Q using a scope as I show in
the Tesla Coil Notebook. This is the only way to find the Q of a coil
operating at high voltage. The Q is found by

        Q = 1.364 x A   where A = 10% amplitude from the log dec.

  John Couture

In the above equation could you tell me what XI is/are please?

Thank you for your reply.

Rob Davis.