[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: No Rain=Test

Subject:  Re: No Rain=Test
  Date:   Thu, 5 Jun 1997 00:53:33 -0400 (EDT)
  From:  richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

snip

  I have heard of sparks breaking out on the secondary of
>a two
>coil system (and seen it on mine) but have not heard of the wire getting
>real
>hot in one spot except with Richard Hulls maggys.
>
>Ed Sonderman
>
>Guys,

If a single wire turn gets hot, IT IS SHORTED!!!!  This happened to
Nemesis
(A regular two winding coil and not a maggey) as the maggeys would hit
it
during development.  The turn on Nemesis would incandese!!  One turn on
secondary can't heat- ever-, unless it is shorted.

The maggeys never heat except the resonator of 11-E where 30 gausge wire
processes 5-7KW and then the coil uniformly heats.

Richard Hull, TCBOR