[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground system

Subject:     Re: Ground system
      Date:  Thu, 05 Jun 1997 03:21:46 GMT
      From:  jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net (Jim Fosse)
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>Subject:  Re: Ground system
>  Date:  Mon, 2 Jun 1997 21:24:32 -0400 (EDT)
>  From:  richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
>    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

[snip]
>>Greg,
>

>I can't speak for Richard Quick, but think the idea was to have a large
>surface area to conduct the HF currents to ground.  The falicy is that
>the
>little round ground rods are the next bottle neck.  As I noted, I just
>use
>00 copper insulated cable at my end. (about the same size as the rods.
>
>One would have to bury a wide copper or steel plate to make the broad
>flashing effort have a real pay off probability.

If I remember Richard Quick's ground system correctly, He did NOT have
just a few copper rod in the ground;)  The ground system in his first
"house" was an hydraulic lift for automobiles that was installed into
the ground. (leftovers from the previous occupant?)  His new house had
a grounding system based on 50' or 100' of wide copper (??) strap
buried in the ground.

        jim