[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotor BPS

Subject:  Re: Rotor BPS
  Date:  Thu, 5 Jun 1997 10:09:16 -0500
  From:  "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Date:          Mon, 02 Jun 1997 23:40:41 -0500
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Rotor BPS
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Subject:      Re: Rotor BPS
>        Date:  Sun, 01 Jun 1997 10:03:00 -0700
>        From:  Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-wwnet-dot-com>
>          To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Subject:  Re: Rotor BPS
> >   Date:   Fri, 30 May 1997 18:56:03 +0000
> >   From:  "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
> >     To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> >  In checking the input power to many Tesla coils on the Tesla List I
> > find
> > that they are underpowered. Increasing the BPS would only compound the
> > problem. Coilers apparently do not bother to do this important power
> > check
> > calculation. As a result they do not realize their coils are not
> > performing
> > well because they are under powered.
> >
> >   John Couture
>
> Hi John
>
> Don't understand how increasing BPS will compound problem. Can you
> expand on this.
>
> Skip

Pardon me if I comment here.  If a given power supply is too soft to
fully charge the cap at a low break rate, it will provide even less
charge per pop if the break rate is driven faster because of the
further reduction in charging time allowed between gap presentations.
This of course only applies to mechanically actuated gaps such as
rotaries.

rwstephens