[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary wire & insulation

Subject:       Re: Secondary wire & insulation
       Date:   Fri, 6 Jun 1997 15:03:42 +1200
       From:   "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi Mad Coiler,
                My recipe for a good secondary wire-wise: close wind
with  polythermaleze coated magnet wire with a copper gauge at least
3 skin-depths diameter at the lowest frequency the coil will be
running at. Normal secondary Q's are so high that secondary losses
are not really an issue in final performance (IMO).

Malcolm

>   From:    "Mad Coile{" <ts5815-at-devrycols.edu>
>     To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

<snip>