[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Polyethylene sources and prices

From:       jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net (Jim Fosse)
        To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
       CC:  fiveht-at-well-dot-com

>Subject:  Polyethylene sources and prices
>  Date:  Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
>  From:  Brandon Doughan <fiveht-at-well-dot-com>
>    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

>Hey all-
>
>        Im sure sources and prices for cap materials have been posted
>many a time, but now I need 'em!  Please post if you know!
>
>At Tap Plastics here in San Francisco they have 4ft X 60mil LD
>polyethylene for $5.65 a foot!  This seems high to me and I *hope* it
>is.  Does anyone know of other sources and prices?  Please post an
>address or phone number if you do.  Thanks!

Brandon,
        Ouch! Avoid Tap Plastics like the plague. They think VERY
highly of their products.

        Interstate Plastics sell 4' by 8' sheets of 0.060 polyethylene
for $23 (if I remember correctly). Call them at (510) 483-4341 (San
Leandro) and ask if they have a SF store.

        good luck, and call plenty of plastic suppliers from the
yellow pages,

        jim
        Hayward, CA.