[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Pri/Sec spacing

Subject:  RE: Pri/Sec spacing
  Date:   Sat, 7 Jun 97 06:33:43 UT
  From:   "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I don't think the plexiglass will do much good.  I have wound my pri
with 1/4
inch tubing on 1/4 inch plexiglass, with the inner turn of the primary
routed
through a hole and back to the outer edge, so there is the plexiglass
between
the feed line to the inner turn and the rest of the primary.  I noticed
this
last weekend that if I let the feed line get close to the plexiglass, I
would
get a significant corona between the outer turns and the feed line to
the
inner turn.  This suggests to me that the insulation afforded by the
plexiglass won't do much to protect against a HV strike.