[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Idea for Capacitor

Subject:  Re: Idea for Capacitor
  Date:   Wed, 11 Jun 1997 17:00:13 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:13:11 -0400 Thomas McGahee
<tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com> wrote;

> Fellow Coilers,
>
> Fr. Tom here again with some more food for thought.
>
> As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I am going to be away
> from my usual residence (I live in a school building in Paterson, NJ)
> for the summer. I *hope* to be able to get online at my summer
> assignment (giving five one-week retreats to groups of sisters), but
> I cannot be sure about getting online.
>
> So, I want to pass along an idea I have been working on, but will
> definitely *not* be able to do any final work on until after the
> summer. I am passing it on now in the hopes that someone else out
> there who has the time will try the idea out and report back to the
> rest of us...

Fr. Tom, apparently you and I have been thinking along parallel paths!
I have been thinking of building a capacitor similar to what you
describe only I was thinking not only of putting oil soaked paper
between every sheet of metal and dielectric, but I was considering
assembling the unit under oil! Very messy but it would assure
no air between layers. I like your idea of ostensible convex faces
on the top and bottom support plates and squeezing out the air and
excess oil. I will probably combine our ideas and try it out on my
next capacitor over the next couple of months.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/